|We recorded this episode on Free Slurpee day! Hope everyone got their tasty frozen treat. We do, eventually talk about games. This week there is some information on Bungie Day, some NPD numbers and the Sony ID Protection (cough cough)..|
Email us your questions, comments and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call in to our voicemail at 407-584-POLY (7659)
Don’t forget to check out the KELLY’S HOT MONDAY DEALS each week!
This Week in Gaming
- (joystiq) http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/09/sony-extends-identity-theft-protection-registration-through-july/
- (Gamasutra) NPD: Video Game Spending Estimated At $5.9B In U.S. For First Quarter
The NPD Group said Monday that total spending on gaming hardware, software, content and accessories in the U.S. was $5.9 billion for Q1 2011, a 1.5 percent increase over the total spending in the same quarter of the 2010 fiscal year.
That total amount includes $1.85 billion generated from used games, rentals, subscriptions, digital download, social networking, DLC and mobile games. The total also included $2.03 billion of consumer spend on physical retail console and PC games.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will feature a musical instrument, similar to the Ocarina of Time in the game of the same name. While it probably wont involve time travel, it will have similar applications to the Ocarina. As for the instrument itself, well, let’s just say the devil went down to hyrule
- Curious about crew skills in SWTOR? well then I has infos for you
- Bioanalyst - plants and animals
- Scavenger - metal and other broken tech
- Slicer – salvage from working tech
- Archaeologist – crystals and other mystic items
- BioChem - adrenals, medpacs, and implants. some blaster, lightsaber, and armor upgrades
- Armstech – blasters and other weapons, blaster upgrades
- Artificer – power crystals, focus lens, and other lightsaber upgrades. also creates neck, trinket, ring and some back items
- Armormech – heavy armor and armor mods
- Cybertech – medium armor and armor mods
- Synthweaver – light armor and armor mods
*It should be noted that each crafting and gathering skill has its own bonus passive ability for the player
- Missions - these are sort of like quests that your companions go on, but you won’t be able to use the companion while they’re on a mission. The rewards are random but related to the mission type if that makes sense. You can also get light side/dark side points for completing them.
- Treasure Hunter
- Underworld Trader
Question of the Week
What was the first violent/mature/ game you knew your parents might have a problem you playing?
- Faelus: Grand Theft Auto 3 for sure
- Tinkerpriest: My parents never had a problem with anything I wanted to play or watch, although we did fight on music.
- DailyBlink: Leisure Suit Larry. I was 11.
- StoppableForce: Hard to say. My parents didn’t really put the kibosh on my game choices.
- Belghast: Doom II is as risque as it got, after that I was on my own and could do anything I like