I have a confession to make this week, Polygamerites – I was holding off on writing this week’s Hemispheres due to Atlus sending out a teaser on Friday night for what I was pretty certain was a certain game I’ve been following avidly, and I wanted to see if I could get confirmation on it. Well, yep, I did – cat’s out of the bag, Catherine is coming to the US.
Go on, ask me how fast I pre-ordered.
Anyway, on to the rest of the news! — Well, okay, there was really one big news item, and that’s that the Nintendo 3DS launched in Japan. Choice bites:
- The 3DS’s top-selling title is Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, surprising pretty much no one.
- In its first two days, the 3DS sold 371,326 units. For those of you keeping track, the initial production run was 400,000. The 3DS nearly became unavailable in the first two days of its life!
- Now for a little Samurai Warriors: here’s a small look at its DLC and StreetPass features and customization.
- Oh, and while there wasn’t one at launch, there will be Mario games, both 2D and 3D, on the 3DS. Surprise! A little birdie tells me this includes a 3D version of Mario Kart.
- Tiny Cartridge covers what your DS games will look like on the 3DS, along with screenshots comparing them to previous iterations of the hardware. The 3DS’s resolution is higher than the DS, so by default, games are stretched to fill the screen – but you can turn that off.
On the non-3DS front, Dissidia Final Fantasy 012[duodecim]: Revenge of the Attack of the Incredibly Stupid and Esoteric Title: The Return: The Sequel: The Bonus Round: International Edition came out for the PSP, so if you want something to import this week, go for it. Remember, it’s likely to be the last Dissidia of its type… whatever that means.
There was a small update in Famitsu about the territory-capturing mode in Armored Core V, which is poised to be a reboot of sorts for the series that has gotten steadily farther and farther away from its core gameplay: building giant robots and shooting people with them.
MonkeyPaw Games is bringing their first multiplatform HD title out. What will it be? BurgerTime HD. F*ck yeah!
Koihime Musou came out, if you’re into that sort of thing. (Warning: VERY NSFW.) I’ve been considering picking this up, if only to tide me over until MangaGamer’s improved translation of Edelweiss comes out, but then again… I’ve got plenty to play as-is. (Yes, I just publicly admitted to owning a few H-game visual novels. So sue me.)
And lastly, your moment of zen: Mega Man appears to have moved to Mexico to sell real estate. Your guess is as good as mine.