|We’ve made it to 60, now what? Contrary to popular belief, we think it’s all UPHILL from here! Kelly, Andy and Mike talk a few games, list a few new releases, drool over some juicy rumors and answer some awesome questions. All in all, it sounds like a normal crazy week even if we’ve hit the ripe old age of 60!|
Don’t forget to email us your questions, comments and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call in to our voicemail at 407-584-POLY (7659)
This Week in Gaming
- (joystiq) Dragon Age 2 : Anders
- (joystiq) Duty Calls Downloaded Over 1.25 Million Times
- (joystiq) Runic Talks Torchlight’s Future. Not Afraid of Diablo 3
- (joystiq) Harmonix Announces Layoffs
- (joystiq) Sony Looking to Expand Jailbreak Lawsuit to More Defendants
- (joystiq) Ico Novel Being Translated Coming to the US this Fall
- (gamasutra) Pink Knight Castle Crashers DLC To Promote Breast Cancer Research
- (joystiq) NPD 2010’s Bestselling Games By Platform
- (Toms Hardware) Steam Rakes In Almost $1 Billion in 2010
- DC Universe Online will be releasing new caper missions every month or so that will focus on a specific villain or hero. February’s update will focus on Catwoman.
- For those of you that just can’t get enough Dark Tower, expect to see a Dark Tower video game to coincide with the movie release.
- Fox is setting up a new reality game show where the audience controls the players. Set up as a facebook game, the audience’s input will directly affect what happens to the players on the show. ($5 says the audience just tells the two hot girls to make out).
Question of the Week
What’s the best game ending of all time?
- Rioriel: Soleil (on the Genesis) – still my favourite game of all-time – had such a lovely touching ending which made it all worth it!
- Starmike: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
- Ninjasuperspy: Clash at Demonhead’s post-final-boss random medallion hijinks was the biggest gut punch ever….. There was going to be a second part of that joke, but work just got real so pretend I said something trenchant.
- loweryc: Might & Magic V when you beat the game and both flat sides combined into one planet. Or the first Diablo.
- Azarizotza: I still have a special place in my heart for Star Fox 64. Fox’s father guiding out of a hopeless situation.
- cardfrek: Bad Dudes!
- that_ghoul_ava: Metroid! Finding out Samus was a chick was huge back then
- Derevka: Ooh, gotta agree with Ava on that one. Samus being a chick was a … WHAAAAAAA?!!!
- Samodean: Old school: Ninja Gaiden, great reward for a challenging game. Recently: Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Epic.
- Seanhagen: That would be Okami ( only game so far that has tugged on the ol’ heart-strings )
- NairobiCao: Starcraft 2.