|Russell runs the roost this week! Blizzard looking at a console Diablo? A Persona 2 remake? Take a flying leap behind the couch? A Facebook game worth playing?!?!? All this and much, much, much less! A bunch of new games come out, Spudz does something with a balloon and even Mac Speak gets in on the act.|
Don’t forget to email us your questions, comments and reviews to email@example.com OR call in to our voicemail at 407-584-POLY (7659).
This Week in Gaming
- (joystiq & gamespy) blizzard exploring diablo related concept for consoles:Blizzard COO John Sams stated last year that “the major manufacturers,” presumably Microsoft and Sony, had made “some pretty compelling arguments” for a console version of Diablo 3. It would seem said arguments have (tentatively) borne fruit. The studio has posted three new console positions for the Diablo 3 team, namely a lead designer, lead programmer and senior producer. Console gamers shouldn’t be jumping for joy just yet though, as a post on the Diablo 3 community site makes it clear that Blizzard is only “exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles.”
The post goes on to say that Blizzard believes that “with proper care the gameplay could suit the console platform, and we’re interested in seeing what talent out there might be interested in such a project.” It adds that the positions should not be considered an official console announcement; furthermore, the possibility of a console version will not “delay or affect the release” of the PC and Mac versions.
If we might make a compelling argument of our own: We want it.
- childs play 2010 site now live accepting donations: While you read up on Black Friday deals and pour over reviews from this year’s holiday game releases, might we suggest taking a time out to donate? Each year, Penny Arcade’s Child’s Play charity collects donations from gamers of all walks of life — be they Desert Bus marathon runners, major game developers, or anyone in between — in an effort to provide “donations of toys, games, books and cash for sick kids in children’s hospitals across North America and the world.”
Last year, CP raised over $1.7 million, and the charity’s expansion in 2010 will certainly help to best that milestone and allow over 70 hospitals to be chosen and donated to directly. Head over to the Child’s Play website for specifics on how to give, or text “GAMERS” to 50555 and donate $5. You totally just did it, didn’t you? You’re the best!
- Assassin’s Creed Ascendance will be an animated film
- Sexy new characters for MvC3!
- The Persona 2 Remake is Lookin’ Good!
- (gamespot) Survey examines links between gaming, behavior
Study finds high school players less likely to have tried pot, girl gamers more likely to be in serious fights or carry a weapon to school; 6% of males report gambling addiction symptoms.
- (MTV Multiplayer) ‘Civilization Network’ Likes 2011 for a Facebook Launch
“FarmVille” is just going to seem trivial when Sid Meier finally launches his Facebook-based “Civilization Network” next year. I mean, plowing a field is great, but advancing a whole people on past the Bronze Age and creating the Lascaux cave paintings makes discovering a cow look mighty unimportant in the scheme of things. The game is still in production, but Take-Two has reportedly committed to a 2011 release.
- THQ Says Used games biggest industry problem.
- Gears of War Coming to Kinect
- Mercenaries 3 is looking to hit store shelves in exactly one year.
- In SWTOR every class will have at least 15 potential companion characters. Each companion will have their own unique storylines that you can aid them in. New parts of their story will unlock as you level. But be warned, if you have completely ignored some characters or do actions that they don’t approve of then they will turn on you.
Question Of The Week
What is your favorite website to get Gaming news?
- Bryterside: Twitter and MMO Champion
- randilj: joystiq.com
- that_ghoul_ava: gametab. All at once!
- stoppableforce: wire.vg
- spudpuffinz: mmo-champion.com
- starmike: Twitter. Updates generally come in from people faster than I can read the blogs the news comes from.
- glassofwater: Polygamerous 😀
- tinkerpriest: Massively, kotaku, curse.