- (NIS America) So for a while, sites like Siliconera and Andriasang.com have been covering this PS3 game called Hyper Dimension Game Neptune – basically the anthropomorphized versions of the PS3, Wii, 360, and fictionalized Sega Neptune (never released, alas), along with representations of such companies as Idea Factory, Compile Heart, and – yes – NIS themselves, fight the evil forces of … flash cartridges. (I never said it was serious.) Well, yesterday, against all odds, NIS announced that the game will be coming to the US and Europe as Hyperdimension Neptunia!
- (4cr) Here’s a review of Red Dead Redemption‘s Undead Nightmare DLC. I confess I haven’t downloaded this because after Dead Rising 2 I’m kind of burnt out on zombies in general, but this sounds like they at least made it fun. The pop culture nods are a nice touch.
- (Andriasang) It’s been a few days since I reminded you that Dynasty Warriors 7 is happening, so here’s some concept art and early screenshots.
- (Capcom Unity) Today Capcom announced the winner of the heroine design contest for Mega Man Legends 3. Not the one I voted for, but I approve all the same. Garnering the fewest votes: the submission by Keiji Inafune. Speaking of Keiji Inafune:
- (Andriasang again) After 23 years, Keiji Inafune is leaving his position as both CEO of Capcom and Daletto. Inafune is best known for being the character designer for Mega Man and headed up the Onimusha and Dead Rising series. Choice quote: "It would probably be good for me to sit gracefully in this seat and become a leading figure in the industry. However, I cannot do this. Settling down means death for a creator. As long as you are a creator, you cannot settle down." He’s stated he probably won’t work with Capcom again in the future. Godspeed, Mr. Inafune.
- (Destructoid) Want some cheap iOS games? Namco just put a bunch of games on sale for $0.99 for Halloween. I know personally I’ll be picking up Bit.Trip.Beat HD. I would pick up Mr. Driller, but I still have it on my Dreamcast. OLD SCHOOL CRED
- (Siliconera) Another game I’m responsible for reminding you of the existence of, Atlus’ Catherine, is actually getting Atlus Spoils in Japan for once. Buyers of the game will receive a free soundtrack CD. Now if we can just talk them into releasing it in the US.
- (Valve) Valve’s annual Team Fortress 2 Halloween event has started! You can check out the details here: a new map (Mann Manor), the Haunted Halloween Gift random drop, and TF2‘s first boss monster: the Horseless Headless Horsemann! There’s also some Halloween-themed community items in the TF2 store, and achievements (excuse me, scarechievements) for taking part.
Posted in: News– October 29, 2010