|The crew welcomes Kelly Aarons also known as Cadistra from the web comic “World of Warcraft, Eh?” for our most compelling episode yet. We delve deep.. really, really deep into the gaming news, releases, rumors, etc. One of our most interesting emails is read and the list of new releases is just unbeatable! Join us for what is sure to be on your current top 20 list of Polygamerous episodes!
Oh, and don’t forget to listen to the WHOLE show.. There is a little something extra in there for our loyal fans!
WARNING: THIS EPISODE IS EXPLICIT!!!!!
Don’t forget to email us your questions, comments and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
call in to our voicemail at 407-584-POLY (7659)
This Week In Gaming
- (Terminal Gamer) DS3D.It looks like Nintendos next handheld baby will be in 3d…. but will it be HD?
- (IGN) Can you afford Microsofts USB drives?
- (g4tv.com) Gamecrush Trailer: Pay Money, Play Games with Girls: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/703547/GameCrush-Trailer-Pay-Money-Play-With-Girls.htmlHave you heard of this website Gamecrush? Here’s how it works: You pay money, and then you can play video games with a real, live girl while watching her on a webcam. There are some dudes among Gamecrush’s hundreds of pay-to-play users, but let’s not kid ourselves, the point is you get to play video games with girls.The games run the gamut from hardcore console titles like MW 2 and Halo 3 to totally casual games like Tic Tac Toe.The girls run the gamut from “flirty” to “dirty,” so I think a lot more than friendly checkers games will go on with this service.The site was apparently supposed to launch last week, but right now, it isn’t up. Instead of the girl of my dreams, I get a message reading: “The GameCrush Public Beta is temporarily unavailable due to the incredible user response (more than 10,000 inquiries in five minutes). We are adding new servers to provide players with the best PlayDate experience possible. Games with GameCrush PlayDates start at $6.60 for ten minutes.”
- (Ars Technica) GameStop sued over one-time use codes, deceptive advertising: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/03/gamestop-sued-over-one-time-use-codes-deceptive-advertising.arsA class-action lawsuit against the retailer has been filed in California, claiming that the game boxes claim the content is included, when the code has most likely been used or is missing completely from the second-hand packaging. GameStop’s return policy allows returns within seven days, which the suit claims is not enough time to protect consumers.”The availability of this additional content is prominently advertised on the packaging of these games,” the suit states. “Despite the representations on the packaging that the game comes with a free use code, unbeknownst to consumers who purchase a used copy of one of these games, upon attempting to download the content identified on the game’s packaging, consumers are unable to do so unless they pay an additional fee.”In short, as a result of GameStop’s deceptive and misleading practices, consumers who purchase used games from GameStop unknowingly find that they must pay an additional fee to access the full game they though they purchased.”
- (Escapist Magazine) Bioware Countdown ends.. Bioware Blows up.. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99497-BioWare-Countdown-Ends-BioWare-Blows-Up
Announcing BioWare BazaarTo show our appreciation of fan support and to celebrate the 15th anniversary of BioWare, we have created the BioWare Bazaar – a week-long series of mock online auctions beginning April 6th that will feature over 400 items ranging from custom painted PC’s, Alienware laptops, BioWare apparel and more!
To bid on these items, fans will need to collect tokens through various challenges. The first auction begins at 9 AM PST on Tuesday, April 6th, with new items being made available every 15 minutes, ending 4 PM PST Saturday, April 10th. So tell your friends, start collecting tokens, and get ready to win some amazing prizes! For more information on token collection visit the My Tokens page.
(Shacknews) Penny Arcade Adventures Series Cancelled
After two outings, the interactive adventures of Gabe and Tycho are no more, as Penny Arcade artist Mike “Gabe” Krahulik told Joystiq “there won’t be an Episode 3.”
A four-episode series inspired by Krahulik and Jerry “Tycho” Holkins’ game-centric webcomic, Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode 1 debuted on PC and Xbox Live Arcade in May 2008, followed by a PlayStation 3 release and then Episode 2 in October 2008.
Back at GDC 2010, developer Hothead revealed that sales of Episode 2 were roughly one-third those of Episode 1, but that it still planned to complete the series.
Here are just a few of the new releases we discussed this week:
- After finding out that *SPOILER* Rosebud was a sled, I was informed that in Star Wars the Old Republic:
1)There is a system in place that prevents Twinks. The reason being that “if you’re so good at playing a low level character you should have no problem being good at a high level character.”
2) The Sith are not evil nor is the Republic good. While the Sith will have a darker tone, you will be free to choose your own path. The Sith don’t care whether you’re light or dark side, they only care that you’re strong enough to back your actions. And the Sith were hunted to almost extinction by the Jedi a couple times, easy to see the Jedi as the bad guys if all they care about is your destruction.
3) There is no auto attack. You can’t just click on a mob and walk away. This will keep the player involved and the combat is fast paced.
4) And saving the best for last, Jawas squeal when then die.
- The next my little pony game will be rated M for Mature. The title is My Little Pony: Tijuana Strip Club.
- We got news from a source behind the scenes at Bioware that they are working on a movie tie in for movie just out in the theaters and their recent hit RPG.. Working title is : How to train you Dragon’s Age: The Whipping
- Along those same lines, they shopped out another spinoff using the same engine but for a completely different demographic.. Old Age: The AARP Massacre
- Last rumor – the next phase in the Guitar Hero franchise.. They’ve done Guitars and Drums to death.. next up.. Oboe Hero!
6! Deals in 5 Minutes
5 Deals in 5 Minutes
- GameStop offers Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and Assassin’s Creed 2 for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 for $79.98. Pad your order over $80 (these older console games cost 99 cents) and coupon code “OFF20″ cuts it to $59.98.you can preorder Halo: Reach for Xbox 360 with the above Call of Duty game for $109.98 before coupon, $89.98 after.
- EA Store takes $20 off orders of $40 or more via coupon code “PAXEAST842″. Combined with free shipping,
- Below, we’ve rounded up several video games at lowest-we-could-find prices. Sales tax is added where applicable. The games:
- Resident Evil 4 for Wii for $12.99 + $3 s&h at GameStop
- Fallout 3 for PS3 (pictured) for $16.54 + $2 s&h at Walmart
- Fallout 3 for Xbox 360 for $19.99 + $3 s&h at GameStop
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for PS3 for $19.99 + $3 s&h at GameStop
- Call of Duty: World at War for PS3 or Xbox 360 for $19.99 + $3 s&h at GameStop
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 or Xbox 360 for $44.99 via code “FG10″ + $0 s&h at GameStop
- At Mattel, all Barbie items receive free shipping with no coupon or minimum required. Plus, take an extra 15% off via coupon code “EASTER15OFF”.
- Barbie Doggie Park Puppies for $4.16 (search for “P7575″)
- Barbie I Can Be…Ballerina Teresa for $4.58 (search for “R5231″)
- Barbie Dream Bathtub for $8.66 (search for “N4900″)
- Barbie I Can Be… Computer Engineer Doll for $11.04 (pictured, search for “T7173″)
- browse all Barbie items at Mattel (click the banner on the right)
- Amazon.com offers Bioshock 2 bundled with Bioshock for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 for $49.99 with free shipping. (Scroll down to find it under “Best Value.”)
- Hubbagames via Amazon.com now offers SEGA’s MadWorld for Nintendo Wii for $7.02 with free shipping.
Twitter Question of the Week
We didn’t get to it in the show (Yeah, we noticed), but here is the question and the answers from this week!
With the announcement of the Nintendo DS3D, do you think 3D gaming is the wave of the future?
- StoppableForce: God, I hope not. 3D gaming is a gimmick like motion control, and I’ll be glad when its time is past.
- Bryterside: I got two words for you. Virtual Boy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy .. OK, two more… Head Ache!
- ActiveNick: How about telling 90% of the game studios/publishers to make great games for 2D screens first before failing on 3D displays?
- NDiayne: I think all the 3d stuff is silly, and the glasses make me sick, so I hope just a fad.
- NinthBatter: wave of the future no, gonna happen anyway yes
- Deaf_Marty: if then porn industry backs the 3D movement then yes
- Podcastitute: the porn industry is already dipping into the new 3D craze!
- PartTimeDruid: I think 3D gaming on a portable is a great idea. The problem with 3D gaming on a PS3 is the need for an expensive new TV.