|Russell finds the “sweet spot” this week and rejoins the crew. Lots of Mass Effect 2 talk (was there any other news?), Sims 3 is the best selling PC game of 2009. Some rumors including a possible Oblivion MMO and the skinny on the Playstation Arc. Also, our Twitter Question of the Week: Do you Preorder Games?
Also: Next week we have a special Guest! Nicole from Ladies of Leet podcast! It’s an awesome podcast so go check em out (after you listen to ours first.. of course)
Don’t forget to email us your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call in to our voicemail at 407-584-POLY (7659)
- Mass Effect 2 coming out tomorrow (already out by the time you listen to this..) .. Ok.. That’s it.. Not really sure any other news matters.. does it?
- (gamasutra) Buy new to get free DLC for Mass Effect 2
- (gamasutra) Sims 3 Top Selling PC Game in 2009 – yes, it even beat out WotLK.
- (gamasutra) The end of SpamVille? Facebook is reworking notifications to keep apps accessible, but trying to stop them from overwhelming news feeds.
- Harmonix says the music game market has NOT peaked
- (gamasutra) Rock Band Network accepting registration for open beta, which will start “soon.”
- Interplay says the Fallout MMO enters beta in 2012
- Tetsuya Nomura has said that Square-Enix will NOT be making an FFVII remake, which is surprisingly given how much Square loooooooves to milk the remake train for money, but that we should expect Cloud to cameo in stuff
- Casey Hudson, ME2’s project director, has said there’s a tremendous amount of interest in a Mass Effect movie, but that they’re holding off on it until they’re sure they can do it right
- http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063174p1.html – If you were anxiously awaiting those nifty preorder bonuses companies were offering for Mass Effect 2, it looks like there’s been an online error in your favor – nine in-game bonuses are currently on Xbox Marketplace’s online site for free.
UPDATE: Sorry, folks. Microsoft has removed the content. If you didn’t download it by now, you’re screwed.
- (Joystiq) Crispy Gamer Editorial Staff Laid Off, CEO Resigns In Protest
- (Bio Break/Moon Over Endor) Rumor: Oblivion MMO in the works
- (gamespy) Rumor: New Zelda is Majora’s Mask Sequel
- (gamespy) Rumor: EA Working on Apple’s Tablet Device
- Sony registered a domain for the PlayStation Arc (probably the name for their motion control thingymabbober), the PS3 is purportedly finally hacked (by the same guy who hacked the iPhone 3GS)
- OnLive has finally gone into beta; verdict: laggy
- with the announcement of the dragon age origins expansion, bioware has stated you will have 5 all new party members and one returning from the original game. After destroying something beautiful at my local fight club I heard from a reliable source that the only returning party member will be Oghren! So in march be looking forward to having the drunk red head berserker making a return.
Reviews / Discussion
Twitter Question of the Week: Do you Preorder games? And, If you do, Do you get them from a Brick and Mortar or Online?
- Starmike: Always, and the collector’s edition if it has something valuable. Always from Gamestop b/c too many times shipping is delayed vi UPS
- Gnomaggedon: I preordered once… TBC.. 18 hours before release. I wasn’t even 60 on Gnomeaggedon then
- Zideshow: It depends. For console, I usually pre-order via Gamestop or Best Buy. For PC, a lot of times I pre-order and d/l digitally.
- Lougagliardi: I preorder, especially the wow xpacs or Castlevania. Brick and Mortar
- GettingWorse: I never preorder games. I’ve yet to come across a game where they sold out on launch. Plus I’m not a special edition collector
- Nibuca: Preorder, noun alias for “here, hold my money, I don’t need it. No really, get interest on it.. you deserve it.”
- NinthBatter: i don’t pre-order most of the time, but now that i’m back in LA i’ll probably pre order more, brick and mortar
Voicemail from Marty.
Google Translation: Andrew muggy here again and that me for this is is that I think he realizes to remove the maybe unique and with the show. Hey, I just seeing you. Love it. And I just have these people question if necessary to coming out. Are you good with one with Quest are you guys going to be paying and true, all you guys going to be pal gone or when you get a head.
Real Question from Marty: with mass effect 2 coming out.. what class are you going to be playing? and Paragon or renegade?