|This week on Polygamerous the gang discusses the return of the Irrational Gaming brand, the most anticipated games of 2010 and also goes over a bunch of rumors! The new section in the show is the Rumor Mill and it was pretty packed this week. Speaking of packed, the Email section went nuts for Episode 7 and we got a bunch of reviews and even a couple voicemails. Keep ’em coming!|
This week in Gaming
- Opinionated: When is a Game Not a Game? (from Gamasutra)
- Most Anticipated Games for 2010 (from Gamasutra): PC/MMO, Xbox360/PS3, DS/PSP
- 5 Remakes Gamers would pay extra cash for : http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/01/10/five-remakes-gamers-would-pay-extra-cash-for/
- Return of Irrational Gaming: http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103607
Sherman, set the WayBack machine! gameinformer has the good word that 2K Boston has returned to their roots and become Irrational Games.
After being acquired by Take-Two and before the release of BioShock, Irrational Games’ name was changed to 2K Boston. However, after repeatedly being referred to as “2K Boston (formerly Irrational Games),” the team members recognized a value in the previous identity and the legacy that was tied to it. So, the name was changed again; 2K Boston is no more, and Irrational Games is back.
This return to its roots is more than just a new name and logo for Irrational Games. It represents a renewed commitment to the studio’s fans, which you can see for yourself at the new irrationalgames.com. The site is currently just a countdown timer, but soon you’ll experience an array of cool community features, insight into the game creation process, and never-before-seen tidbits about games like System Shock 2, Freedom Force, and BioShock.
- From Gamebunny – Call of Duty and Halo MMOs?
- From Massively – Rumor: Blizzard’s Next MMO to be an MMOFPS
- Mixture of Wow and Team Fortress 2 leaning more toward tf2.
- Infinity Ward (MW, MW2) might be developing a MW MMO..
- Logitech making a UMD drive for the PSP Go? (PSP Go has no UMD and Sony doesn’t have a way to transfer UMD games you already own to the GO)
- Despite no announcement of release in the west, the ESRB has rated Ninety-Nine Nights II (Rated M)
- The January 10th issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine believes Killzone 3, Resistance 3 and Infamous 2 will be announced at this year’s E3, however none of them will be available until 2011. Another big surprise is the Magazine’s belief that there’s an 85 percent chance Metal Gear: Rising will be available this coming Christmas.
In Darksiders you play as one of the four horseman a true badass. If you want to play a game with great graphics and a really cool story this game maybe for you. Zelda like puzzles God of war like creatures. If this game lacks anything at all it would be that Darksiders doesn’t have a signature kill, if you can get past that you’ll find this to be a great game and a lot of fun.
…Skaryn Sent from my iPhone
You said you wanted a review of a game well I’m going to give you my review of an old board game. My wife thought it would be great to get Chutes and Ladder for our three year old. After my experience with the game I rated F.B.B. Frustrating and Blood Boiling. First off I’m not a board game fan. My wife convinces me to sit down and play this game with our 3 and 2 year old. I figure what the heck haven’t played it since I was like 7 so how bad can it be. We spend the first 10 mins fighting over what color guy my son will use. Then the phone rings my wife just ups and leaves us. I try to show my sons how to use the spinner and move their pieces so many spaces well they want none of it the oldest just wants to go to the end because that how you win according to his mother forget how you get there and the 2 year old first just wanted to spin the spinner then wanted to throw it finally leaving us without one because he took it to his mother who is still on the phone. Well
our game is now over. I’m frustrated with both boys and realized that playing board games still suck and video games is the only way to go. If you where thinking of buying this game don’t waste your money go out buy the Lego star wars used for the same price and you and your kids will have hours of fun just like we did that night after I told my wife we were done .
Hope you got a laugh out of it. The real reason I’m writing you is I have used gamely in the past and liked there service this past month I resigned up and hated it took like 10 days to get one game they blame it on my queue I have 27 games in the queue there is no reason I should have to wait 3 days before they ship out another. My question is I know there are a few other companies out there that offer game rentals by mail have you tried and of them and what did you think? Gamer rang, gotta play, rent zero, game mine are a few I heard of. Blockbuster store or Hollywood is not an option for me.
Google Voicemail Translations
Hey polymers, this is 9th, this is 9th inning. Yeah, sure, why not worth that. Anyway, I was just gonna ask the process for you guys think about game such has been that dark centers for using 80 more controversial take on good evil where what we’d normally view as evil. Being the protectionist and what we know Hewitt is good being the bad guys. Anyway, thanks.
Ever everyday moving basically employee it’d be easy. Saint erratically and just room Yates to dream. Nanny and the in advance and whenever you get this going. They Christian coming using the moving to who do soon. Moving that’d be debating which will include a fast moving funding this, it’s a test wouldn’t. Thank you. We can keep. If you can google and resume week we do and looking forward to. We need to confirm.